If you are like most of my readers, you want to share God’s story with someone important to you. You are a parent who wants to share God’s story with your kids, or you are a youth pastor or teacher who wants to share God’s story with your students. We all share a similar story; we each have a desire to share God’s story with someone we love.
Every story has a hero.
The Matrix has Neo. Lord of the Rings has Frodo. Star Wars has Luke Skywalker. Your kids and your students have you.
Every hero has a goal.
As parents, our goal is to see our kids grow in wisdom, in stature, and in favor with God and man (Luke 2:52).
As pastors and teachers, our goal is to see others look more like Jesus (Romans 8:29).
We want to teach our kids and our students about God and His Word.
We want to help them understand God’s Story and we want to help them understand their place in God’s Story.
Simply put, we want to disciple others.
Every hero has a struggle.
The goal is easy enough – disciple our kids and students. So what’s the problem?
Sometimes this is easier said than done.
Sometimes they would rather watch TV or a movie.
Sometimes they are more interested in entertainment than they are education.
Sometimes they simply check out at a well-known Bible story.
Sometimes they just want to watch their favorite movie or TV show for the 100th time.
Every hero has a mentor.
Neo has Morpheus. Frodo has Gandalf. Luke Skywalker has Obi-Wan. You have me.
Let me help you share God’s Story with your kids! Let me be your Morpheus. Let me be your Gandalf. Let me be your Obi-Wan.
Like Jesus often did, I will show you how to share God’s Word with movies. I will show you how to use entertainment as a vehicle for education.
Like Paul also did, I will show you how to use our culture to share God’s story (Acts 17:16-34).
Every hero takes action!
Get my free e-book, How to See God’s Story in Movies. This free download will help you share God’s story with your kids and students by showing you how to see God’s story in movies.
Connect with me!
- If you haven’t already, sign up for the Reel Parables email list (above). Not only will this guarantee that you get the latest Reel Parables posts, but I will also send to you my free e-book, How to See God’s Story in Movies.
- And be sure to stalk me on your favorite social media: Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube.
Explore. Kick off your virtual shoes and stay a while:
- Be sure to check out my About page. This will give you a pretty good idea of what I do and what to expect from Reel Parables.
- While the content on my blog and podcast are free, I do give away 50% of all sales of my book and other resources to faith-based missionaries and non-profit ministry organizations. So take a look around the Reel Parables store for resources that will educate and edify you and help support missionaries. Also, take a look at Amazon Instant Video (part of Amazon Prime) for movies and TV show or Audible for Christian books and for books that inspired the movies!
- Finally, please be sure to tell me and others what you think. Will you please share Reel Parables with anyone and everyone who you think will find it helpful? I would truly appreciate it. Also, drop me an email – or find me on social media – and let me know what movies you would like for us to talk about!
My most popular posts/series are for Wreck-it Ralph, Frozen, and Lent.
Sharing God’s Story with Wreck-it Ralph
- Part 1 – Community
- Part 2 – Counterfeit
- Part 3 – Cheater
- Part 4 – Purpose
- Part 5 – Savior
- Part 6 – Resurrection
Sharing God’s Story with Disney’s Frozen
- Beware the Frozen Heart
- Caught in a Curse
- The Prodigal Sister
- Hide and Seek
- Frozen Infograph